Tuesday 18 December 2012

Amazon: a business that runs smoothly!

I bought a kindle before my travels in July. It's worked like a charm for the past few months, and using the 3G network meant that I could download books wherever I chose. It's light, it works in sunlight, and I have access to thousands of books at my fingertips..... Yesterday it stopped working...

After sliding and releasing the power switch several times, in several positions, in the air, on its side, the machine still refused to load. Today, I spent time on their troubleshooting webpage. It's very easy. I followed their various instructions, still to no avail. Finally I rang them up. They asked me to do all the usual stuff. Then once all options had been fully exhausted, they offered to send me a new one. 
It arrives in two days. 
I have to return the faulty one - they pick it up, on a day that is convenient for me. All I need to do is print a label, Yodel will come pick up my delivery.

Perfect. Now that is customer service!


No comments:

Post a Comment