Monday 21 January 2013

CLUBROOT

iii - mmxii and Clubroot

Back to dubstep

Forget the awful, painful sounds of transformers having intercourse. Dubstep has been given a bad name with appalling remixes, mainly due to Skrillex and idiots getting frisky with their synthesisers. This is actually good stuff and probably my favourite type of dubstep.  

Leeds is FULL of electro house - which obviously I love, but I've always enjoyed dubstep/deep dub. I found this guy on a compilation by MrSuicideSheep on YouTube, I shazamed it as I thought it sounded pretty chilled. I've given all three albums on Spotify a listen and it's fucking superb.   

Clubroot is an English producer, I'd never heard of him until recently, and it was a chance finding rather than via promotion. His stuff could be likened to Burial, but I feel that it's a bit more upbeat and fresh than that. A combination of eerie deep dub and d&b, I thought some of it sounded similar to Leftfield. Perfect for revising, chilling, background music. The base is sublime, my favourite tracks are from the self titled album, Dulcet and Lucid Dream. Just pretty fucking sick tracks. So turn up the volume, whap up the base and let your room vibrate to Clubroot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment