Monday 28 January 2013

If you do anything today. Listen to Bastille

BASTILLE

I cannot WAIT for this!! Their album is out c7th March. Pre-order iTunes.....


I first heard them when I was in Ireland over the weekend, again another shazam moment. Pompeii is there current single, but I've been on youtube to check out the remainder of the album and it is on fire!

The band have been around since 2010. Seen at Leeds and Reading last year if you are very astute. They've been on tour supporting Two Door Cinema club, so I guess you could describe their music as of a similar vein, but I personally prefer their sound. The album is called Bad Blood and the track is a tune.

Their stuff has been featured on Made in Chelsea and Vampire Diaries. Pretty contemporary, easy to listen to and even better to sing along to when you think no one is watching. 

Interestingly, their name came about as their lead singer was born on Bastille Day, 14th July, but I promise, this is the only french influence in sight.....

No comments:

Post a Comment